Interior Design works for all Interior projects are done in the following stages:
A. Outline proposals
- Analyzing client requirements – establish how each department operates presently and how this could be made more efficient.
- Instructing the quantity surveyor and consultants as necessary.
- Preparing, describing and illustrating outline proposals.
- Informing client of any major decisions to be made and amendments
- Presentation of the draft layouts to various departments.
- Approximate cost of proposal.
- Amendments to the draft proposal.
- Seek Client’s approval for next stage.
B. Scheme design
- Preparing scheme design with the quantity surveyor and other consultants as appropriate
- To include drawings and outline specification sufficient to indicate spatial arrangements, materials and appearance
- Presenting report/drawings on scheme
- Cost estimate
- Project program
- Seek clients approval
C. Detail design, production information, bills of quantities
- Detailed design incorporating any design work by consultants and nominated subcontractors and suppliers
- Carrying out cost checks
- Obtaining quotations and information from nominated subcontractors and suppliers
- Preparing production drawings and specification of materials and workmanship required
- Supplying information necessary for preparation of the bills of quantities if any
D. Tender Process
- Advertise to pre-qualify sub-contractors for joinery works and furniture.
- Invite Bids from various nominated sub-contractors and suppliers for interior fit-out and furniture.
- Opening of tenders and evaluation of Tenders by QS.
- Award of contract for the interior fit-outs.
E. Project Implementation
- Supplying information to contractor, arrange for his possession of site
- Examining contractors programme
- Periodic visits to site to check if works are proceeding to documents and programme.
- Issuing certificates and other administrative duties under contract.
- Management of time.
- Testing of interior works and finishes.
F. Practical completion/defects liability period
- Commissioning of all works.
- Re-measurement of works.
- Release of 1st moiety
- As built drawings.
- Training of staff on any maintenance issues.
- Final Handover and release of final moiety.